Installing Dart Code Extension for Visual Studio Code
There are many complex IDE(s) that support Dart by plugins, such as Android Studio, IntelliJ IDEA, Visual Studio Code, etc. It depends on your purpose to choose the right IDE. If you just want to learn the Dart language, Visual Studio Code is a good choice, because it is a powerful, lightweight and free IDE.
Note: If you want to learn Dart and furthermore, build a Flutter app written in the Dart language, you should use Android Studio. Dart, Flutter, and Android Studio are all created by Google, so there will be better support.
Open Visual Studio Code, then press the Extensions icon (or press Ctrl+Shift+X), and find extension(s) with the keyword "dart" as illustrated below. You will see the Dart Code Extension appear in the first position in the results. Now, press "Install" for installation.
Maybe you are interested
These are online courses outside the o7planning website that we introduced, which may include free or discounted courses.
- Learn Dart 2 in 90 minutes
- Dart Programming from Beginner to Expert
- Google DART Programming for Android- BOOTCAMP
- The Complete 2020 Flutter Development Bootcamp with Dart
- Learn Dart Programming for Flutter
- AWS Mobile with Google Dart
- Understand Concepts of DART Programming quickly and easily!
- Beginning Web Components with Dart
- Flutter & Dart: A Complete Showcase Mobile App™
- Google DART Programming HANDS-ON with PYTHON File Handling
- Dart & Flutter: The Complete Mobile Apps Development Course
- Flutter & Dart - The Complete Guide [2020 Edition]
- Dart Masterclass Programming Course: iOS/Android Bible
- Learning Dart: Become more productive with Dart
- Dart and Flutter: The Complete Developer's Guide